Friday, May 7, 2010

A taste of Asia from your Toastabag!

Following on from my earlier write up about the brilliant Toastabags, I’ve got another fantastic recipe brought to you by Georgie and Tracey, authors of The Jewish Princess Cookbook. Like them you too can make use of this Dragons’ Den featured product which is ideal for busy people needing quick food! They are super efficient and leave no mess… not even crumbs in your toaster! Toastabag

Very economical because they can be used over and over again (the Original Toastabag can be reused up to 300 times and the Gold and Wallace & Gromit Toastabags can be reused 100 times), plus being so easy means you can get the whole family involved. For a taste of Italy see my previous article which went through how to make an Italian Stuff-a-Your-Face Sandwich, but if it’s a taste of Asia you want try this delicious Asian Chicken Sandwich.

What ingredients you will need:

Chicken (ready cooked)
Mayonnaise
Ginger (grated)
Chili (diced)
Spring Onion (chopped)
Salt & Black Pepper
2 thin slices of bread

Don’t limit yourself to either white or brown bread – why not get the best of both by mixing them and have one of each? The great thing about these sandwiches is that you can use quantities according to your tastes, so adapt the ingredients if needed – if you love spicy food use a generous amount of chili and spring onion for example. You can use about half a chicken breast per sandwich, which would give you a generous portion. Mix in a bowl the chopped chicken, chili (remember don’t use too much if you don’t want it too spicy), finely chopped spring onion, grated ginger, some salt & pepper to taste and enough mayonnaise to coat the mixture. Press firmly down on the sandwich before putting into the Toastabag and once in your toaster it should take around 3 minutes depending on the individual toaster. Allow to cool and enjoy.



Not only does this sandwich have lovely colours and wonderful fresh smell, but it’s very good for you. The ginger is known for it’s ability to help support a healthy cardiovascular system, reduce nausea and upset stomach and can reduce the symptoms of colds and allergies! Eating chili is likewise very beneficial as a natural anti-inflamatory and will help increase your circulation. What more could you ask for? A tasty sandwich that is quick to make, leaves no mess and is good for you! Next I’ll tackle how to get your kids to eat something for breakfast – or any meal!

15 comments:

  1. I love what you guys are usually up too. Such clever function and reporting! Keep up the great works men I've added you men to my blogroll, Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting read, perhaps the best article iv’e browse today. We learn everyday cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your post here and I just wanted to tell you that I totally agree with what you're saying! It's hard to find people that think alike these days. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your blog and I wanted to tell you that I totally agree with you. It is hard to find people that think alike these days. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear admin, thnx for sharing this blog post. I found it wonderful. Best regards, Victoria...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loads of for the well-written piece of writing. I'm totally at employment on the moment! Therefore i completely to go off without reading all I'd like. But I've additional your interweb to my RSS feed making sure that I can carry my time to go for a result of internet page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a amazing products you want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks for the informative post

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have got the point over much better than I ever might, many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Blog! Very informative, I appreciate all the information that you just shared with me very much and I also bookmarked this on dig too. Take care and I'll be back to read more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Blog! Very informative, I appreciate all the information that you just shared with me very much and I also bookmarked this on delicous

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I completely concur using the above comment, the internet is with a doubt growing into the most important medium of communication across the globe and its due to websites like this that suggestions are spreading so rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finding discount mattresses is not difficult today; the only problem is ensuring the quality of the mattress. fleet manager

    ReplyDelete