Thursday, April 1, 2010

Go Green with Caraselle

I recently received a flyer from my local Council about a new bin I would be receiving to collect food waste along with my garden waste. Apparently 40% of the waste in the bin in made up of food waste. I’m pretty good at making sure I use all my leftovers – anyone who has a dog will know that there aren’t too many leftovers to throw away anyway!

Can CapsHowever, it got me thinking a bit more about how I could make sure I am as Green as possible! I recently mentioned the brilliant new Reusable Stay Fresh Plastic Can Caps.  You can make sure you use already opened cans and jars of food and drink – the can of beans that isn’t quite finished or juice you’ll drink later. These easy to use and fit caps will keep food fresh and minimise wastage.

Having recycling bins in your house doesn’t mean you need to have unattractive bags and boxes all over the place – these Connectable Recycling Bags are proof. They are large and strong enough to cope with the average family’s weekly load of recyclable items, and each bag has press studs to lock them together. Being washable and very strong means they can be reused for many years.  The perfect solution for storing and sorting your recyclables.Recycling Bags

Like many I already use environmentally friendly washing up liquid and so on, but when it comes to stain removal and other emergency cleaning items or keeping up with the day to day cleaning I’ve also tried to minimize the chemicals I use (and the electricity used when hoovering and more!)

So continuing with my Spring Cleaning theme, next week I’ll go through some great ways to clean without compromising an eco friendly lifestyle and some products made from recycled materials.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found a lot of interesting things within your blog especially it's discussion. From the tons of remarks on your articles, I suppose I'm not the only one having all of the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete